Monday, January 19, 2015

CRE8365 day 18 - Winnie the Pooh

Now I'm catching up, yesterday was a busy day for me, I had church in the morning, then went to work in the afternoon, it was after 9pm before I got home and still had to write 2 articles for a site where I write and make dinner, so now I'm just complaining, when in reality it was a really good day, I got to go to church, the sermon was fantastic! I got to sing a new song at church and it went over really well, and work, well I haven't been doing much working lately, it was good to get back into doing something I love to do and get paid for it, plus I got to hang out with my work partner and friend, and writing, well I love to write. :)

OK, now to my daily CRE8, the prompt for the day was Winnie the Pooh, a cartoon character I grew up watching and loving. Several other artists on CRE8365 drew some really nice renditions of WtP, so I became inspired to try my hand.

I decided to do a side by side of the newer Disney'esk style and the older, original WtP. I will say right off the bat that I prefer drawing the older style. The newer WtP has more detail, the red shirt, but it's flat, no shading. The old school WtP has less detail, no red shirt, but the coloring is more delicate and has some subtle shading in the fur.

I sketched this in pencil, then did the line work using a Nano-Liner in 05 size, then I colored it using Cra-Z-Art colored pencils. I was reminded why I don't like Nano-Liners, the ink is "heavy", it bleeds through the paper, this paper is made for pen and ink work, yet the ink still bled through, it also has a chemical odor, I suppose that's why I found this pen in the clearance section of Hobby Lobby. :)

The colored pencils are cheap, but they work pretty well, they are not in the same league as Prismacolor pencils, but they work just fine, especially for doing something like this.


http://cre8365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but not spam, all comments are moderated, the majority will be approved, spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be dipped in molasses...