Thursday, January 15, 2015

CRE8365 Day 15 - Leafy Sea Dragon sketch

I was really looking forward to today's prompt on CRE8365, it is "dragon",  I had been thinking for days about how I wanted to create a dragon, I knew I didn't want the obligatory dragon, there are plenty of evil looking dragons, I considered doing a cutesy one, but that idea faded as well.

So I turned to Google image search and began looking for animals that resemble dragons, from moray eels, to lizards, then I went to sea horses, they certainly have a medieval look to them, then I stumbled upon the leafy sea dragon, that is a sea horse but with an interesting look.

I originally wanted to do a sketch but then decided I wanted to take this further, today I stopped at the sketch stage, I popped it into Photoshop to darken the lines for today's submission so you can see it better, I wanted to leave the sketch light on the original drawing though, at least until I decide where I want to go with this.

Enjoy today's CRE8365 submission
http://cre8365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but not spam, all comments are moderated, the majority will be approved, spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be dipped in molasses...