Wednesday, January 14, 2015

CRE8365 Day 14 - Peter Rabbit, all grown up sketch

Today's post was fun to draw, the prompt for today is "pets in clothes", I considered doing a dog or cat, but Pixelista's post the other day mentioned Beatrix Potter, I remembered her books about Peter Rabbit when I was a kid, so this drawing is a nod to Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit, but as a grown rabbit, one that is in business, there is also a nod to Alice in Wonderland's rabbit, the one who was always late.

Peter grew up to be quite the rabbit and quite the businessman, his penchant for taking chances took him far on WallStreet. He is a snazzy dresser, preferring tailored, hand stitched white shirts, starched of course, with cufflinks, a real tie (no clip-on for him!), but his favorite accessory is his pocket watch,  it was a gift from Mr McGregor, who always felt bad about the times he chased Peter out of the garden. After Peter finished college, Mr McGregor was so proud of him that he gave him the watch as a graduation gift.

I did this drawing using 2 different Ticonderoga pencils, the HB2 (soft) and the HB2 (black), I used a #6 blending stump, it's been a while since I've done more than just a preliminary sketch with my pencils, I was going to finish this using pen and ink, but decided I liked the semi-precise smudgy graphite pencil.


http://cre8365.com

Hop on over and start being creative. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but not spam, all comments are moderated, the majority will be approved, spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be dipped in molasses...