Tuesday, January 13, 2015

CRE8365 Day 12 - Happy Kitty Derwent Inktense

I am technically posting this a day late, but I did start working on the image on the 12th, so it's really OK, and besides, there are no hard fast rules about HAVING to get something done each and everyday, though that is what I have set my goal to be.

The prompt for the day was "happy", I couldn't think of anything other than the obligatory yellow smiley face, nothing wrong with that, but I knew I could do more. So I went to Google and search for "happy", the first couple of dozen images were of that obligatory yellow smiley face in all its different forms, then I began to see animals, mostly dogs and cats with smiles, natural ones, not digitally forced into a smile, though there were a few of those, most were just owners snapping pix a happy animal.

I found this cat that reminded me of that lucky cat you often see at Chinese buffet restaurants, the cat has a big smile, closed eyes and a paw up in the air waving at you, there is usually money of some sort associated with this smiling cat.

Here is the painting I created from that image, I used Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils after I sketched it in regular pencil.


http://cre8365.com/
Source image
http://bingeeatingtherapy.com/2014/04/30-easy-ways-happy/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but not spam, all comments are moderated, the majority will be approved, spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be dipped in molasses...