Thursday, December 18, 2014

Continuing the Christmas Cards-with a video

I have most of the Christmas cards done, just a few more to go. Today I tried something new, I have been wanting to record myself painting but didn't have a tripod or other setup to do so, I mentioned to PB that I wanted to do this and made a suggestion about one method, mounting the camera to the board I'm painting upon.

PB stopped working on his project and immediately began working on mine, in less than an hour, I had the first prototype, I created this first video using that. It worked pretty well, though the video was upside down, I used Microsoft Movie Maker to fix that, I also sped up the video to 2X, otherwise it would just be way too long.

Another fun feature of MMM is the ability to do a voiceover, add text, intros and such, it's fun and easy to use.

This video is one of the Christmas cards I'm making, this bird is a Dark Eyed Junco, also known as a Gray Headed Junco. This is one of our local birds.

I am using Derwent Inktense Blocks and Derwent Inktense Pencils to draw and paint this image, I am drawing/painting on heavy card stock. Sorry for the strange sound about 3:10, my dog barked in the original video and I wasn't able to edit it out before I uploaded the video.... since the video is sped up, the bark sounds strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but not spam, all comments are moderated, the majority will be approved, spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be dipped in molasses...