Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Bible Art Journaling

I have been turned on to another art practice, it's called Bible Art Journaling, it's a way to combine art with the Bible. There are many groups on FaceBook, Pinterest, YouTube and the such with wonderful artists displaying their journaling Bibles. I finally jumped in and purchased 2 notetakers Bibles, these have wide blank margins on the side of each page where you can write notes, or create art to illustrate (or illuminate) a particular scripture or chapter.

This is the first one I have done, I bought 2 Bibles because I wanted to give one to a good friend of mine, who is also an artist and LOVES to write in her Bibles, I have seen some of her Bibles that have more ink that she added than the original text, and that is a good thing, that means she is really involved in her walk with the Lord.

I did this lion, it illuminates the scripture Proverbs 28:1b ...but the righteous are bold as a lion.



This is what I put in the front of the Bible, I searched for an appropriate quote to express my feelings to my friend, I am happy with this. The flowers I learned how to do from a very talented artist Michelle Hotchkiss, you can see the video tutorial she did below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but not spam, all comments are moderated, the majority will be approved, spam will be deleted, repeat offenders will be dipped in molasses...